Performed by a Specialist Post Natal Health Physiotherapist, it is recommended for all women following delivery.
Many of us, after have a baby, have a weakness in either the tummy or pelvic floor area. This can result in poor core strength and imbalance which impact on our ability to transfer load between our upper and lower bodies.
The consequence of this can be back pain, pelvic pain and pelvic floor problems such as bladder/bowel weakness and pelvic organ prolapse. Weak or imbalanced muscles can also impact on our ability to carry out daily and sporting activities.
The Mummy MOT is the starting point to avoiding these distressing symptoms, through assessing your tummy gap and pelvic floor and beginning an optimal postnatal recovery programme.
What does the Mummy MOT include?:
- A comprehensive post-natal assessment with a Specialist Physiotherapist
- Suitable from 6-8 weeks postnatal but also helpful in the years after a birth. (Even 6 years’ later people have seen considerable benefits)
- Checks posture, breathing, pelvic floor strength and tummy gap
- Assess any physical problems arising from pregnancy and birth
- A chance to ask all those questions you haven’t been able to ask anyone else
- A bespoke action plan to guide you back to fitness
Why the Mummy MOT?
- It combines the principles of Physiotherapy assessment with the practice of functional retraining.
- It assesses for postural changes, muscle imbalances and altered alignment after pregnancy. Without correction,problems such as pain, prolapse, incontinence and tummy bulges can persist.
- Mums need to move. We bend, lift, twist and squat and the Mummy MOT helps Mums to return to their daily functional activities safely
- We all have different lifestyles, demands on us and activity levels. The Mummy MOT is tailored to your needs.
- It identifies muscle imbalances and the restorative exercise programme corrects them, regaining stability and allowing optimal function.
To enquire about available appointments, or get further information please click here, or contact Carolyn on 07722897799.